The Cleveland Browns running back was activated from injured reserve on Saturday and is set to play vs. the Houston Texans, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. The team has since confirmed Chubb’s activation.
Chubb was placed on IR after sustaining an MCL sprain in his knee during the Browns’ Week 4 victory in Dallas. Chubb was ranked third in the NFL in rushing with 335 yards at the time of his injury. In Chubb’s absence, Kareem Hunt gained 254 yards on 65 carries over the course of four games but failed to reach the end zone as the lead back.
With Chubb back in the lineup and guard Wyatt Teller set to return from injury this week, Cleveland’s running attack looks to regain form against a porous Texans defense. The Browns are coming off a Week 9 defeat vs. the Raiders where the offense managed to score just six total points off two field goals.
The Browns also announced it elevated offensive guard Michael Dunn from the practice squad to the active roster.
Here’s other injuries and roster news we’re tracking on Saturday:
- Houston Texans running back David Johnson has been placed on injured reserve and will miss at least the next three games. Johnson had already been ruled out for Week 10 with a concussion. In additional roster moves, the Texans signed RB C.J. Prosise to the active roster, elevated linebacker Nate Hall from the practice squad, activated safety A.J. Moore from IR and placed LB Dylan Cole on IR.
- The Seattle Seahawks announced the following: defensive tackle Bryan Mone landed on IR, cornerback Neiko Thorpe was activated from IR to the active roster; running back Alex Collins and DT Damon Harrison were elevated from the practice squad; and RBs Chris Carson and Carlos Hyde, along with defensive end Benson Mayowa, were downgraded to out for Rams game.
- Chicago Bears running back David Montgomery (concussion) has been officially ruled out for Monday night vs. the Vikings. Quarterback Mitchell Trubisky (shoulder), defensive tackle John Jenkins, and cornerback Sherrick McManis (hand) have also been ruled out. Wide receiver Allen Robinson (knee), tight end Cole Kmet (groin), defensive lineman Jason Spriggs (knee), and Barkevious Mingo (shoulder) are questionable while offensive lineman Sam Mustipher (knee) is doubtful.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers have activated Ben Roethlisberger from the reserve/COVID list and will be eligible to play Sunday vs. the Bengals. Linebacker Vince Williams, running back Jaylen Samuels and offensive lineman Jerald Hawkins were also activated from the reserve/COVID list and are eligible to play as well. All four Steelers were placed on the in the wake of Vance McDonald’s positive test. Guard Kevin Dotson was added to the reserve.COVID list, and practice squad defensive back Antoine Brooks (COVID-19 replacement) was elevated.
- New York Giants safety Jabrill Peppers was fined $11,031 for unnecessary roughness last week, NFL Network’s Tom Pelissero reported. Peppers’ takedown of Washington’s Kyle Allen left the quarterback with a dislocated and fractured ankle that required surgery.
- The Minnesota Vikings have waived veteran guard Pat Elflein on Saturday, Rapoport reported, per source. Rapoport adds that rookie Ezra Cleveland will be the Vikings’ starting right guard going forward — a role he’s fulfilled since Elflein injured his thumb in practice after Week 1. Elflein was activated from injured reserve yesterday and could be a valued piece for a team in need of interior offensive line help. As for their Monday night game vs. the Bears, the Vikings have ruled out tight end Irv Smith (groin) and cornerback Cameron Dantzler (concussion) is questionable.
- Los Angeles Chargers running back Justin Jackson (knee) has been placed on injured reserve and RB Kalen Ballage was signed to the 53-man roster in a corresponding move. The Chargers also activated defensive back Quenton Meeks from the practice squad to the active roster.
- Cincinnati Bengals running back Joe Mixon (foot) has been downgraded to out for Sunday. Wide receiver John Ross (foot) and cornerback Darius Phillips (groin) have been placed on injured reserve while defensive end Sam Hubbard has been activated from IR after fully recovering from an elbow injury. Guard Quinton Spain, WR Stanley Morgan, CB Jalen Davis,cand defensive tackle Kahlil McKenzie were elevated from the practice squad to the active roster.
Send your news and stories to us email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and WhatsApp: +447747873668.
Before you go...
Democratic norms are being stress-tested all over the world, and the past few years have thrown up all kinds of questions we didn't know needed clarifying – how long is too long for a parliamentary prorogation? How far should politicians be allowed to intervene in court cases? To monitor these issues as closely as we have in the past we need your support, so please consider donating to The Climax News Room.