Camilla Tominey, who also broke the news Meghan Markle was dating Prince Harry in 2017, said that online trolls routinely call her a “total c***”.
Writing in The Telegraph, she explained that a group on online trolls calling themselves #SussexSquaders will abuse any journalist who writes anything but glowing praise for the former senior royals.
Ms Tominey: “Having a hind thicker than a rhino’s, it wasn’t the repeated references to my being ‘a total c***’ that particularly bothered me, nor even the suggestion that I should have my three children put up for adoption.
“At one point someone even said it would be a good idea for me to drink myself to death like my mother, about whose chronic alcoholism I have written extensively.
“No, what really got me was the appalling spelling and grammar. I mean, if you’re going to hurl insults, at least have the decency to get my name right.”
She added: “Accusations of racism have long been levelled against anyone who has dared to write less than undiluted praise of Harry and Meghan.
“But even I have been taken aback by the vitriol on social media in the wake of the couple’s televised two-hour talk-a-thon, in which they branded both the Royal family and the British press racist while complaining about their ‘almost unsurvivable’ multimillionaire lives at the hands of the evil monarchy.”
Ms Tominey, who was previously the royal editor at the Sunday Express, spoke as the Sussexes were criticised by Prince Albert II of Monaco for their explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey.
During the chat Meghan levelled accusations of racism at Buckingham after she alleged that a member of the Royal Family made a remark about the skin colour of their son, Archie Harrison Mountbatten Windsor.
Prince Harry later added that the unnamed Royal was not the Queen or Prince Philip.
Responding, Buckingham Palace said that “the issues raised, particularly that of race, are concerning”, adding: “While some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.”.
Prince Albert since described the couple’s “public display of dissatisfaction” with the monarchy as inappropriate.
Speaking on BBC News, he said: “It (the Oprah interview) did bother me a little bit.
“I can understand where they’re coming from in a certain way, but I think it wasn’t the appropriate forum to be able to have these kinds of discussions.”
He added: “These types of conversations should be held within the intimate quarters of the family.
“It doesn’t really have to be laid out in the public sphere like that”.
Showing some sympathy for their position, he added: “It’s very difficult to be in someone’s place. I can understand the pressure that they were under.”
And the prince is not the only high profile figure to have been dissatisfied with the Sussexes doing the interview – while insisting they fled the royals for a “private life”.
Outspoken TV host Piers Morgan has been equally scathing.
The Good Morning Britain host quit the role earlier this month after refusing to apologise for calling the duchess a liar.
And despite many respectable journalists continuing to rightly question Meghan claims – the #SussexSquaders were out in force again today.
Following her latest column, Ms Tominey was on the receiving end of much of the abuse.
One wrote: “They justify this behaviour by first trying to dehumanise MM (Meghan Markle) to make her fair game for their sick middle-class blood sports…
“The sight of Tominey makes me physically sick.
“It was good to see her getting called out on the LIE she perpetuated. They underestimated team H&M.”
Another tweeted the journalist a lot of abuse before finishing: “You should just retract your false reports.”
HI! I AM DAVID BRAYZ!
I am a highly-skilled IT Specialist with over 12 years of experience in Web Design, Graphic Design, Web Blogging & ITL Management.