Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the Web to help you learn what’s next.
- Are you spending more or less time with your patients this year? See how you compare to your peers across the U.S., according to a new report exploring physician productivity — Physician productivity data 2020: Exclusive report on patients seen and prior authorizations (Medical Economics)
- “The tragedy is smaller here, more intimate. Everyone knows everyone,” write Jeff Roberson and Jim Salter about treating COVID-19 in rural areas — At tiny, rural hospitals, weary doctor treat friends, family (AP News)
- How can employers support recently hired physicians in their roles? One physician offers her insights on how to improve the transition into a new work environment — Best practices for onboarding physicians (Physicians Practice)
- The use of telehealth has quadrupled in the past year — from 11% of patients in 2019 to 46% in April 2020. Overcoming institutional hurdles and investing in innovative technology may be key to recovering from the current healthcare crisis, experts say — Industry innovation: How has COVID-19 changed global healthcare? (World Economic Forum)
- To ease the stress of practicing medicine during COVID, one medical facility is offering physicians perks such as home restaurant deliveries, laundry and dry cleaning service, and free Peloton app access — Uber Eats and Peloton subscriptions? Some creative ways Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians fight burnout (Fierce Healthcare)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. Lisa has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 20 years.
HI! I AM DAVID BRAYZ!
I am a highly-skilled IT Specialist with over 12 years of experience in Web Design, Graphic Design, Web Blogging & ITL Management.