President Donald Trump and his family, medical team and political allies sought to reassure the public that his health condition is improving after he was admitted to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center with Covid-19.
Trump posted a video Saturday in which he said he was feeling better, but he also acknowledged that the next few days will be the “real test” as he undergoes treatment. White House physician Dr. Sean Conley said he is “cautiously optimistic” about Trump’s condition but the president is “not yet out of the woods.”
It’s now clear that the president’s initial condition was worse than the public originally thought. White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, in a Fox News interview, said Trump’s blood oxygen level “dropped rapidly” Friday morning, sparking serious concerns about the president’s health.
Here are this weekend’s major developments so far:
- Trump’s blood oxygen level ‘dropped rapidly’ on Friday, Meadows says
- Concern over Trump’s condition remains high despite doctor reporting improvement
- Ron Johnson is the third Republican senator to test positive for coronavirus
- Chris Christie tests positive for coronavirus, checks into hospital
The following data was compiled by Johns Hopkins University:
- Global cases: More than 34 million
- Global deaths: More than 1 million
- U.S. cases: More than 7.3 million
- U.S. deaths: More than 209,000
Send your news and stories to us email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and WhatsApp: +447747873668.
Before you go...
Democratic norms are being stress-tested all over the world, and the past few years have thrown up all kinds of questions we didn't know needed clarifying – how long is too long for a parliamentary prorogation? How far should politicians be allowed to intervene in court cases? To monitor these issues as closely as we have in the past we need your support, so please consider donating to The Climax News Room.