- You can sync OneDrive to your Mac computer, making files easily accessible through Microsoft’s cloud storage.
- The OneDrive app for Mac is available in the Apple App Store.
- Once downloaded, you can begin syncing files to OneDrive on your Mac, for access anywhere.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
OneDrive, a cloud-hosting feature furnished by Microsoft, is also accessible to Apple’s Mac users.
If you’re running an Apple device with macOS 10.12 or later, you can install the OneDrive app for Mac. Downloading the app copies OneDrive onto your Mac, which you can open via a newly created OneDrive folder.
Crucially, the OneDrive folder stays synced — no matter which device you use to make modifications to files — allowing your Mac to always have up-to-date access to your OneDrive files.
How to sync OneDrive to a Mac
1. Open the App Store and search for “OneDrive.” Tap “Get,” and then “Install.” If asked, sign in to your Apple ID. Open the app when it’s downloaded.
2. You’ll be prompted to set up your OneDrive. Enter the email associated with your Microsoft account, click “Sign In,” and enter your password.
3. You’ll be given information about your OneDrive folder on the next screen. Be sure to note its location.
Syncing will be automatic. Anywhere you sign into OneDrive, whether from another device or from its online portal, you will be able to see any files you added to the OneDrive folder from your Mac.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
How to disable Microsoft OneDrive permanently or temporarily, and uninstall it from your PC
How to share files and folders on OneDrive on a PC in several different ways
How to delete files from OneDrive storage in 2 different ways, and remove them from all of your connected devices
How to add OneDrive to the File Explorer in Windows 10, so that you always have access to your saved files
How to download files and folders from OneDrive to your computer
Insider Inc. receives a commission when you buy through our links.
HI! I AM DAVID BRAYZ!
I am a highly-skilled IT Specialist with over 12 years of experience in Web Design, Graphic Design, Web Blogging & ITL Management.