The presidential election is inching closer and closer to a conclusion.
- As of early Friday morning, Joe Biden is projected to win 253 electoral votes, 17 short of the 270 to win. He has made significant progress against President Trump in two key states.
- Biden has cut Trump’s lead in Pennsylvania to under 20,000 votes, with many more ballots left to count. The state, which has 20 electoral votes, would put Biden over the top.
- Biden took a slim lead in Georgia, which has 16 electoral votes.
- More results are expected Friday, including from Arizona, where Trump has been gaining on Biden, and Nevada, where Biden holds a narrow lead.
- Biden has urged patience as the count continues, while Trump has made baseless claims of voter fraud and his campaign has mounted several legal challenges.
Send your news and stories to us email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and WhatsApp: +447747873668.
Before you go...
Democratic norms are being stress-tested all over the world, and the past few years have thrown up all kinds of questions we didn't know needed clarifying – how long is too long for a parliamentary prorogation? How far should politicians be allowed to intervene in court cases? To monitor these issues as closely as we have in the past we need your support, so please consider donating to The Climax News Room.