Welcome to this week’s edition of Healthcare Career Insights. This weekly roundup highlights healthcare career-related articles culled from across the Web to help you learn what’s next.
- Are healthcare practices and providers at risk of COVID-infection lawsuits from patients? One lawyer discusses the risks — Will a waiver protect me from COVID-19 infection claims? (Physicians Practice)
- Despite the high death toll from COVID-19, more than one-third of Americans are dying from other conditions, such as heart disease and diabetes, according to a recent analysis — U.S. death rate soaring, but more than a third are not caused by COVID-19 (Study Finds)
- Experts discuss the ways in which hospitals and healthcare providers need to adjust how they practice medicine during the pandemic — Industry voices — What health systems must do to embrace the new normal (Fierce Healthcare)
- The Paycheck Protection Program passed by Congress was intended to help medical practices and other businesses stay afloat during the pandemic. Mark Schmidt, a lender who provided more than $175 million in loans to small businesses, explains how the program’s loan forgiveness works — What doctors need to know about PPP loan forgiveness (Medical Economics)
- To provide the best care, locum tenens physicians practicing abroad need to learn about the local culture and people. Here’s advice from locum doctors working in Australia, New Zealand and Guam — Global health perspective: Caring for the Aborigine, Chamorro, and Maori (Global Medical)
Lisa Grabl is president of the locum tenens division of CompHealth, the nation’s largest locum tenens physician staffing company and a leader in permanent and temporary allied healthcare staffing. Lisa has worked in healthcare staffing for more than 19 years.
Send your news and stories to us email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and WhatsApp: +447747873668.
Before you go...
Democratic norms are being stress-tested all over the world, and the past few years have thrown up all kinds of questions we didn't know needed clarifying – how long is too long for a parliamentary prorogation? How far should politicians be allowed to intervene in court cases? To monitor these issues as closely as we have in the past we need your support, so please consider donating to The Climax News Room.