Monday: Spaghetti Squash with Olives & Goat Cheese
Meatless Monday has never been tastier—or easier. Just microwave a spaghetti squash till tender (10-12 minutes), shred, and top with with tomatoes, olives, and cheese for a bright, flavorful dinner.
Recipe: Try our Spaghetti Squash with Olives & Goat Cheese
Tuesday: Steak & Citrus Salad
Winter citrus stars in the hearty salad that’ll have you ready to eat crispy, cozy salads all season long.
Recipe: Try our Steak & Citrus Salad
Wednesday: Tomato-Tarragon Soup with Bacon
Bacon really does make everything better—especially this 8-ingredient tomato soup that cooks up in just 30 minutes!
Recipe: Try our Tomato-Tarragon Soup with Bacon
Thursday: Orecchiette with Charred Brussels Sprouts
Pasta takes on late-fall, early-winter flavor in this recipe thanks to Brussels sprouts, chiles, and thyme. Pistachios add extra color and crunch.
Recipe: Try our Orecchiette with Charred Brussels Sprouts
Friday: Black & White Chicken Chili
Ain’t no night like a chili night, and this one only takes seven ingredients! Talk about a great way to kick off the weekend.
Recipe: Try our Black & White Chicken Chili
For the squash
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (1 3/4 lb.)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 cup halved pitted kalamata olives
- Crumbled goat cheese and chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
For the salad
- 1 lb. skirt steak
- 5 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large shallots
- 2 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 5 cups baby arugula (about 5 oz.)
- 1 small bulb fennel
- 2 lb. mixed citrus, such as grapefruits and oranges
- 1/2 cup Castelvetrano olives
For the soup
- 3 slices bacon
- 3/4 cup chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp. EVOO
- 1 can (28 oz.) plum tomatoes
- 3/4 cup club soda
- 1/4 tsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon, plus more for garnish
For the orecchiette
- 8 oz. Brussels sprouts
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 Fresno chile
- 8 tbsp. olive oil
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 6 fresh thyme sprigs
- 6 oz. orecchiette
- 1 tbsp. pine nuts
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted pistachios
For the chili
- 2 14-ounce cans navy beans
- 1 14-ounce can black beans
- 2 16-ounce jars tomatillo salsa
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Toppings: crumbled queso fresco or feta, chopped chives
Send your news and stories to us firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and WhatsApp: +447747873668.
Before you go...
Democratic norms are being stress-tested all over the world, and the past few years have thrown up all kinds of questions we didn't know needed clarifying – how long is too long for a parliamentary prorogation? How far should politicians be allowed to intervene in court cases? To monitor these issues as closely as we have in the past we need your support, so please consider donating to The Climax News Room.